In case you all are running out of things to do or have already finished Love is Blind on Netflix weeks ago…I want to share some things I’m doing during this COVID-19 quarantine and some Houston businesses that I personally love supporting.
First of all, I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Only we can help each other slow the spread and flatten the curve. In this very strange time when we have no idea what will happen next, we have to trust that God will bring us through. I mean, He’s given us the time of rest we are always making memes about! Enjoy this extra quality time with your family and support those small local businesses that are trying to stay afloat. We need to remain positive, compassionate, and cautious during a time like this.
Things To Do
- Read a New Book (Reading The Financial Diet)
- Learn about being Financially Responsible
- Start a Workout Routine (I’m on that Wedding Workout!)
- Find a Show to Watch (Binged Love is Blind)
- Catch up with Friends over Facetime
- Journal (It’s a great way to organize your thoughts and emotions!)
Houston Businesses I Love Supporting
- The Cuppo Coffee and Tea (Jersey Village): The team is offering carryout from 6:30 am through 4 pm. Call in or visit to place your order for a beautiful and delicious iced cappuccino or Cuppo Jane! If you would like to support them but are not comfortable visiting the store, there is a virtual tip jar on Venmo (Cuppo-Coffee) where you can help to financially support the incredible baristas.
- Angel’s Churros and Chocolate (Cypress): This family-owned shop on Barker Cypress near FM 529 is offering carryout orders and free delivery within a 5 mile radius from 1 pm through 10 pm daily. The churros and Mexican Hot Chocolate are my absolute favorite items to order here. Take a look at their menu on Doordash and get 10% off of your phone order if you mention #wewillbeatthis. You can find everything from sweets to burgers and sandwiches! Please, please support this sweet business if you are able to. Give them a call at (832) 770-0802.
- Karma Kolache (Spring Cypress): This is my favorite spot for incredible kolaches (boudain, cheesy grits, sausage & gravy) and donuts (blueberry with chocolate). The team here greets everyone with a smile and is always so willing to help you decide on flavors.
- Miss Robinson Fashion House (Rice Village): Who says you can’t look hot at home?! Every piece I’ve gotten from this boutique has been top quality and so easy to clean. Houston’s trendiest boutique in Rice Village is now offering curbside and local delivery! DM them for more information.
- Tres Chic Houston (Upper Kirby): The ladies at this classy, sophisticated and fun boutique are now offering curbside pickup and free delivery for online orders! Please schedule a curbside pickup time to experience the super exciting method that Susan has put in place. The team is incredibly responsive so it’s as if you are shopping with your best friend! Contact Susan, Elizabeth, and Alex for Shopping Assistance today.
- Call: (713) 528-8737
- Text: 832-610-8838
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DM on Instagram
Let me know if you have any favorite local businesses you are supporting during this time! I would love to check them out.