Hey, hey, hey lovelies! What I’m sharing with y’all today is a bag of items that I keep handy with me on long flights and road trips so I can at least attempt to maintain bright-eyed and presentable. I mean, it’s still actually super cute when I’m sleeping open-mouthed for 80% of the trip’s duration, hah! Obviously kidding. These items are everyday staples that have climbed their way up to travel staple status! I LOVE THESE. You need to try them.
- Cleansing and makeup removing towelettes: This is a necessity for any trip because you know you should NEVER sleep with makeup on. And you know you’ll be dozing off for a bit. My skin is a tad bit sensitive, but it REALLY likes the Up & Up Towelettes from Target (so does my wallet).
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser: So this has been my favorite for 4 years now. I’ve tried other cleansers, but it isn’t the same and I always regret venturing out. This cleanser is incredibly gentle. It’s a light and creamy texture that smells just a tad bit like rose. Needless to say, you won’t like this if you don’t like rose.
- Trader Joe’s Rose Facial Oil: HEAVENLY. Also smells like rose. I use this oil after I wash my face so that the oil can soak into my skin. Typically, this is part of my night-time routine. By morning, my face feels like a baby’s bottom. It’s great.
- Moisturizer: Like the towelette, my wallet and skin both really like the Up & Up Dual Effects Moisturizer. This prevents my breakouts as well as lessens them when they do happen. But moisturizing is crucial for travel. Otherwise, my skin gets super dry and raisin-like. Not cute.
- Lip Balm: This is part of my Travel Must-Haves for the same reasons as above. My lips literally need a balm unless it wants to look crusty, chapped and cracked.
- Concealer: This here is how I look slightly more awake! Concealers are sort of a miracle and my fave is obvious… Fenty. Hahah. I’ve written about this more times than I can count, but I truly love it. You can always find a cheaper alternative like Maybelline’s Age Rewind, which is still one of my personal favorites!
- Highlighter Color Stick: Again, I freaking love Trippin’ from Fenty, but any highlighter color will do. I prefer cream highlighters because they can double as eyeshadows or blushes if needed.
- Blush: But….I still love my Ulta Berry Glow Mousse Blush. Honestly, I bought this 5 years ago and they don’t even sell it anymore…so I guess it’s a little gross that I still have it, hah! But it’s so small and easy to carry around. This blush is a bit shimmery too, so I’m always glowing when I get to where I need to be.
- Lipstick: Lipsticks help me look alive. Literally. This is one of my favorites from Maybelline’s Matte collection- Touch of Spice.
- Mascara: Like we all know, mascaras open up our eyes! L’Oreal’s Telescopic is the only one that actually works for me. No other mascaras have been able to compete with this longtime love of mine.
Do any of you have travel beauty necessities?! Let me know by “liking” this post, and commenting what yours is! I’d love to know.
Thanks for reading and see y’all next week! I’m also traveling at the moment, so you can follow along on my Insta-stories @strutwithsusan! Hope to see y’all there.